Captain 60″ Backboard
Captain Signature Series Inground Basketball Hoop
Master your jump shots and gain the home court advantage! The Captain gives you a 60″ x 38″, mid-sized backboard option on Goalsetter’s original 6″ square off-set pole system. It’s an ideal choice for a serious player. Matching the MVP in appearance and strength, the Captain’s steel-reinforced, tempered glass backboard is mounted on the same professional quality in-ground goal system as our MVP, resulting in a basketball goal with the consistent rebound your player can expect on an competition-grade system. With the distinctive design of this high-performance hoop system, your driveway will be the talk of the neighborhood!
Do you have questions or a pricing request?
Call Us to Speak to a Sales Representative !
Store Hours: Monday-Saturday 10-5.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY:Captain Signature Series Inground Basketball Hoop Subject to proper installation and normal, intended use, and subject to the limitations set forth below, Goalsetter Systems, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser that all structural components of Goalsetter Systems™ Signature Series*, Extreme Series** and GS Wall-Mount Series basketball systems are free of defects in material and workmanship for the duration of ownership by such original retail purchaser or five (5) years after discontinuation of the product by Goalsetter Systems, Inc..
*Signature Series – MVP, Captain, All-American, All-Star, Contender, Champion; **Extreme Series – X672, X660, X560, X554, X454, X448; ***GS Wall-Mount Series – GS72 Wall-Mount, GS60 Wall-Mount, GS54 Wall-Mount, GS48 Wall-MountLIMITED WARRANTY: Subject to proper installation and normal, intended use, and subject to the limitations set forth below, Goalsetter Systems, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser that all structural components of Goalsetter Systems™ Tournament Series Elite Plus and GS Baseline Wall Mount Series* basketball systems are free of defects in material and workmanship for a time period of five (5) years from date of purchase (b) Goalsetter Systems™ Junior MVP and GS Junior Wall Mount basketball systems are covered for a time period of two (2) years from date of purchase.
*GS Baseline Wall-Mount Series – GS72 Baseline, GS60 Baseline, GS54 BaselineAny warranty on a basketball system excludes the rim. Rim warranties are as follows: Rims shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase as follows: R10126 Single Ring Static Rim: one (1) year limited warranty; R10226 Double Ring Static Rim: unconditional lifetime warranty; R10326 Heavy Duty Breakaway Rim: two (2) year limited warranty; R10554 GS Collegiate Breakaway Rim: one (1) year limited warranty.
A limited lifetime warranty is effective for the duration of ownership by the original retail purchaser or 5 years after discontinuation of the product by Goalsetter Systems, Inc.Goalsetter Systems, Inc. shall have the right to require the purchaser to deliver at its expense the allegedly defective product to Goalsetter for testing, repair or replacement. Goalsetter shall not be responsible for any expenses associated with the replacement or removal of the product from its application for such delivery
NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY• Use in non-residential applications of Glass backboards on Signature Series systems.
Wrap Around Pole Pad
Custom Fit Pole Pad
Edge Board Pad
Double ring Static Rim
GS Collegiate Break Away Rim
Heavy Duty Flex Rim
- 60″ Wide x 38″ High x 3/8″ Thick
- Fully tempered glass backboard — acrylic backboard option also available
- No dead spots on backboard corners
- 1-1/2″ structural steel H-Frame — extra backboard stability and consistent ball response
- Nylon bushings at each pivot point
- 1/4″ thick steel bushings for rim mounting
- Rounded edges and corners for safer play
Goal System Details
- Rim height is infinitely adjustable from 6′ to 10′ — patented internal compression height adjustment mechanism
- 6″ square off-set pole — minimizes shake and vibration
- One-piece structural steel post
- 7 gauge steel (3/16″ wall thickness) on poles — much thicker than competing systems
- 1 Primer coat and 2 coats of baked-on acrylic enamel — superior to powder coated parts
- Wide grip, die-formed extension arms — no cut and welded joints
- 4′ extension from post to backboard — safe play area
- Made in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The patented internal compression height adjustment mechanism is inside the goal pole, increasing safety and shielding parts from the elements. The 3-foot high, easy-to-reach crank handle can be replaced with a pin lock to prevent changing the basketball goal height.
The exclusive hinged ground-anchor system enables complete assembly of your basketball goal by 2-3 persons without ladders and a scaffold prior to raising it upright. A 42″ square steel anchor placed in the gound provides unmatched stability and durability.
When it’s time to move, your Goalsetter basketball hoop moves with you by simply purchasing a replacement ground anchor.
Every Goalsetter basketball goal is made in the USA with superior quality and workmanship. Your Goalsetter basketball hoop will provide many years of fun, exercise and memories for the entire family.
Internal Compression Height Adjustment
Infinite rim height adjustment from 6′ to 10′.
The Patented Internal Compression Height Adjustment mechanism is exclusive to Goalsetter.
The rim is raised by PUSHING the lower extension arm to the desired height. This puts the system “At Rest”, which reduces wear and tear.
The mechanism provides a smooth, effortless adjustment with a simple turn of the handle. For the Signature Series in-ground systems, the compression height adjustment mechanism is placed inside the offset pole. This eliminates pinch and grab points, making Goalsetter the safest goal system. The mechanism is also protected from the elements, for the greatest safety. The larger wall-mount systems use the same mechanism, with external placement.
Unsurpassed ease and safety for installation.
The most rock-solid foundation for a basketball hoop.
- The Patented Hinged Ground Anchor is unrivaled in its ability to simplify hoop installation, dramatically improving ease and safety.
- Two to three people can easily assemble the hoop.
- Extension arms and backboard are attached to the pole without the use of ladders or scaffold.
- With the Goalsetter 42″ ground anchor, a larger volume of surface area is submerged in concrete than with competitiors’ j-bolt anchor systems.
- A more solid foundation is created.
- Should you move, your Goalsetter system can move with you.
- The hoop is simply removed and re-installed on a new hinged ground anchor.